(1 x 1-hour documentary)
Music Rising is a campaign that was launched to rescue the musical culture of the Central Gulf region of the United States from the destruction caused by the catastrophic hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005 by replacing the musical instruments lost or destroyed in the deluge. Co-Founded by U2’s the Edge and legendary producer Bob Ezrin along with a host of music industry partners, the organization has gone to aid thousands of musicians, students and choir members.
In this documentary filmed with all the key players and featuring Willie Nelson, Arlo Gurthrie and many other legends of New Orleans, we see the catastrophe that was Katrina, the rebuilding and the rebirth of music in the Big Easy.
Original broadcaster: CTV
For further distribution information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winner: Accolade TV Awards — Award of Excellence – Direction
- Winner: Accolade TV Awards — Award of Merit – Viewer Impact: Motivational/Inspirational
- Winner: Telly Awards — Use of Animation in a TV Program – Music Rising (Opening titles)
- Winner: Yorkton Short Film Festival Golden Sheaf Awards — Best Documentary Arts and Culture, Yorkton Short Film and Video Festival
- Winner: Yorkton Short Film Festival Golden Sheaf Awards — Best Documentary Arts/Culture
- Nomination: Gemini Awards — Best Achievement in Editing (Documentary)